Workplace Violence Prevention Policy
PROFILE Recruitment Consultants (PPC Profile Inc.) maintains a zero tolerance policy towards violence in the workplace. We are committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment free from violence, threats of violence, harassment, intimidation and disruptive behavior for all our employees. PROFILE has adopted this policy which prohibits violence and threats of violence, and encourages employees to take affirmative steps to identify and address potentially violent situations. Although some incidents or situations involving workplace violence may be the result of larger societal problems outside of our control, PROFILE firmly believes that by working together with our employees, the risk of workplace violence can be minimized.
This Policy Shall:
- Provide definitions of violent actions and behavior in the workplace;
- Outline security measures taken by PROFILE to quell any potential violence;
- Fully outline the PROFILE weapons ban;
- Discuss violent occurrence reporting procedures;
- Detail the measures of enforcement taken against violations of the Workplace Violence Policy.
Violence shall include, but not be limited to the following:
- Causing physical harm to another person.
- Threats of any nature, verbal, or electronic.
- Aggressive behavior that constitutes a reasonable fear of bodily harm to another person.
- Verbal assault, causing emotional duress.
- Intentional damage or destruction of property belonging to either PROFILE or its employees.
- Possession of a weapon while on PROFILE premises, or while conducting PROFILE business.
PROFILE has instituted these security measures to minimize the risk of violence on our premises.
Company property shall be accessed only by employees, customers and visitors conducting legitimate business activity.
Human Resources shall conduct background investigations and or reference checks to review candidates to reduce the risk of hiring individuals with a history of violent behavior.
PROFILE shall be allowed to conduct searches and inspections of any company property without prior notice given.
PROFILE maintains a full and total ban on the possession of weapons on PROFILE premises. This includes weapons either kept or transported in any vehicle on PROFILE premises.
Weapons shall be prohibited while conducting PROFILE business off-site.
Weapons shall be defined as, but not limited to: Any gun, knife or other item held with intent to cause bodily harm to any employee.
Violence Reporting Procedures
In the event that an employee is either directly affected by or witness to any violence in the workplace, it is imperative for the safety of all PROFILE employees that the incident be reported promptly.
Report any violence or potentially violent situations immediately to management, or the Human Resources department.
All reports shall be kept confidential.
All reports shall be investigated, and dealt with appropriately.
- Any PROFILE employee who threatens, harasses or abuses another employee, or any other individual at or from the workplace shall be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment, and the pursuit of legal action.
- Violent action, threats and harassment are serious criminal offences, and shall be dealt with appropriately.